Forum

Call sign: Redd

Connection: 30 up/ 100 down ethernet

Timezone: EST

Available: Every week day from 1000 - 1600 and some evenings 1930 - 2200.  Weekends depends on family schedule, but most Sunday's after 1930

Hours: Huey ~ 25, KA-50 ~ 20, Gazelle - 2

ME knowledge: I designed most missions for vVMFA-251, but my knowledge of MOOSE and other scripts is limited

Preferred: Gazelle for now until the assumed change to the KW, the the OH-58 would be preferred

Expectations:  To learn OH in preparation for the KW and do so with the best in the business here in BSD.  Flown several missions with the group as CO of vVMFA-251, so I know the caliber of talent here.  I have virtually no experience in the Gazelle for OH, really have little interest in the aircraft, but I figure learning OH tactics is prudent to prepare for the KW and get to know the other OH-US guys, so I'll go all-in on the Gazelle and learn it.  

• Re: New application for Redd

by » 4 years ago

Hello Redd!

This callsign was definitively familiar! Great to see you here. We have to "schools" here for people waiting for the kiowa. The ones looking to master quickly how to fly her are currently flying on the Huey. The other ones already familiar with the chopper flight's black magic are looking to master the scout tactics and as such are already in OH. Your choice. But if you have  no interest in the Gazelle, maybe you could start with the basic of helicopter flights on the Huey. The gazelle is a very twitchy bird. Less docile for sure than the Huey.

Next step is to jump on our Discord and ask an IP for an introduction flight with you! See you soon on line!

by » 4 years ago

Welcome to the BSD Redd.... :)

by » 4 years ago

Great to have you aboard Redd!  

We will get you squared away NP. You'll be ready as hell when the KW drops.  ;-)

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Redd nice to have another body for the US OH team post in the chat or traing channle when you are ready and we will get your intro flight set up. Look forward to flying with you

by » 4 years ago

Thanks everyone.  I currently have access to the Discord, but it seems that I still only have the guest role from being with 251, so I can't see all of the channels, specifically the one to request an initial flight.  Can someone remedy that for me pretty please?  Thanks, guys!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.