Forum

New Application

in RECRUITMENT 4 years ago

Hi BSD,

I'm from The Netherlands, been playing DCS every now and then. Dayjob is in cybersecurity and I tend to be a bit shy, takes a little while!

Callsign: Squirrel

Internet connection: ADSL over ISDN cable, with a 4g booster, averaging about 7 MByte/s

Timezone: Zulu+2 (thanks to DST), Europe/Amsterdam

Availability: Most evenings 1900-2200

Approx. flight hours: 150+, though a lot of those are with the AV-8B

Familiarity with Mission Editor: I know how to place units, thats all I've ever done with it. I have played with LUA some in other projects so might be able to pick that up fairly quickly.

Preferred chopper: SA-342M, hopefully OH-58D when it comes out

Expectations from BSD:

A group to challenge eachother to become better, smarter but more importantly smoother. Trying to game the numbers is only so fun, proper tactics and formations is all the fun! I've done a bit of Arma 3 Milsim (as motorized infantry) and had a lot of fun until drama took over. While I'm not expecting as strict orders; Mission briefs, a lot of practice with formations and strict comms I do hope to see. That said I have to get started from zero with aircraft, I did take a peek at the NATOPS manual but haven't gotten much farther then looking at the pictures. Got a basic handle of the SA-342, able to get it in the position I want, so a lot to improve and I'd happily accept the help. Other than that I just hope to have a lot of fun, good chatter, maybe a hearty laugh when my stupid plan turns into an explosion and to contribute where I can.

Looking forward to see wether I fit in a bit!

Sincerely,

Just a (Flying) Squirrel.

• Re: New Application

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Squirrel,

First thing first we will set up an Introduction Flight (IF) with you. It can be any time that you and a Unit trainer or Instructor pilot are free. I note you fly the SA-342, great, we have pilots from both sides of the Atlantic. Currently, there is a training course for this airframe that just started. We also have one-on-one sessions as required.

The IF gives you a good chance to see what we do, how we do and make up your mind if it is for you.
    It also gives us a good chance to see where you are with your skills and what if anything you need to work on.

Very informal just a flight around the base and maybe a flight out to a ship and back. A chance to chat and get to know each other.

Once you decide you like what you see, you will be asked to join as a trainee. You will have access to all the documents and information to help you advance and learn the helicopters you fly.

The readiness level progression starts at RL3 and moves to RL1. We ask you at least attend twice a month to stay current on the training.

The more you are here and active the more you will learn and advance.

There are many knowledgeable pilots to help you along the way, any questions you have feel free to ask.

So let's start the first step and get a good time to do an introduction flight.

With BSD having both US and EU time zone flights even if you work odd hours you will be able to catch one flight or another.

Welcome to the BSD.
    LATEO
    BSD_EU.

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Squirrel! Yes, this callsign will be much easier to use!

Thanks for the intro and I hope to see you soon online.

by » 4 years ago

Hehe, it should hopefully clean up comms just a bit yeah! And thanks, the IF is tomorrow, looking forward to it! :D

by » 4 years ago

Hey there and welcome. Always nice to see a fellow Dutchman, especially one interested in flying the Gazelle and Kiowa! 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.