Forum

Call Sign: Guinness

Internet Speed: Gigabit

Timezone: Arizona (Mountain)

Availability: As of now, I can play at any time. In the fall, once I start nursing school; I will be down to the weekends.

Flight Hours: Appx. 500+ in the Huey; A little over a 100 in Mi-8; very little in gazelle and black shark. Overall to include fixed-wing, it's in the thousands.

Mission Editor: Very limited knowledge (Willing to learn how to make missions)

Preferred chopper: UH-1 Huey

Expectations: I would like more people to fly with that are knowledgeable and like to have fun flying helicopters. Everything else is gravy.

I am a 20+ U.S. Army vet that loves helicopters. I was a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter crew chief/mechanic. 2100+ hrs in the airframe in a crew chief role. I used to go to the full-motion sim on weekends with the pilots to get some sim time. Not going to lie, I do still fly with the 229th. Been with them since 2016 and they are a great bunch of guys. However, their mission schedule is not conducive to my schedule. I am an open book, so please feel free to ask me as many questions you like.

My rig:

Alienware i7-6950x; 64g Ram, 2x Nvidia 1080 Ti 11g; Pimax5k+ (VR); Gunfighter Pro; Warthog system; MFG Crosswind pedals; Obutto Revolution seat; Track IR (backup); 65" TV/Monitor

• Re: Application to join BSD

by » 4 years ago

Hey Guinness, 

good to see you again. I am the EU UH Platoon Lead and also responsible for Huey Training, so even though we´ve a good amount of time difference we can do the Intro Flight anyways (Statua is the US responsible UH Platoon Lead, he´d be the other choice). Just shoot me a message. I´m around today pretty much all day. Same for tomorrow. 

See you soon

Memphis

• Re: Application to join BSD

by » 4 years ago

Hello Guiness. Welcome to the club.

Thanks for the introduction. It looks like you already have a great experience of flying choppers in DCS. Looking forward to flying with you. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.