Forum

Hello, LATEO from the Facebook Group "DCS Gazelle Helicopter Pilots" recommended that I place an application with you.

• Call Sign: Gustav
  • FIOS high speed internet connection
  • Eastern Standard Time, Southern New Jersey, +4hrs UTC
  • Availability: I work a rotating schedule that includes weekends. I have time to fly, it just doesn't fall on a consistent days due to my work obligations as a paramedic. I work day and night shifts. 
  • Number of DCS Flight Hours: I have been playing SU-27 Flanker, Flaming Cliffs, DCS, and DCS world on and off since the 90s. I have no idea how many hours I have. My logbook in DCS says 347 for the Gazelle, but I'm sure it's more than that.
  • DCS Mission Editor: A make missions for myself and some friends all the time. I am not familiar with MOOSE or LUA, but I am willing to learn. 
  • Preferred Chopper: SA324 Antitank and Scout models, followed by the Ka-50. I am basically competent in all the DCS helicopters excepting the Mi-8. Also willing to learn. 
  • My expectations with respect to your organization: I would like to fly rotary wing missions with other like minded pilots. There is a lot to learn from other pilots. I like to keep flight procedures real, but without impacting the fun of the hobby. If you run into my helicopter on a night air assault landing I will probably laugh it off. I have an interest in combined arms and I am willing to act as a JTAC/FAC/FO or as a ground commander. I am former US Army Paratrooper with several overseas tours. 

I am looking forward to learning more about your organization. 

Cheers,

Gustav

• Re: Application: Gustav

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Gustav from another New Jerseyan!

That's some serious flight time you have on the Gazelle. With your avatar, I thought you were a Huey driver. Our US company is short on OH pilots unlike our EU one. That's a step to a better balance. If you can make missions for your friends, you can make them too for your future squad mates! Don't worry about moose or lua. (we have some hardcore guys though here who know this). 

We are flying RW only here. Nothing that sucks and blows! I think your expectations are a perfect match for our BSD philosophy. Our 9-lines and 5-lines will certainly benefit from a JTAC/FAC member! Jump on our discord server and have a quick intro flight with one of our IP! Give us a shout on Discord when you are available.

Looking forward to flying with you soon!

• Re: Application: Gustav

by » 4 years ago

Gustav, Great you found us Welcome great to have you on board and another pilot of the  “Shrieking Flying Drumstick”. As you know I’m LATEO and I fly the Gazelle as part of the EU Company. We have a number of Gazelle pilots. We are fortunate to have our Standardisation Pilot @Vin who’s a Gazelle driver and IRL a commercial chopper pilot. I’m also an Instructor Pilot I’ve  been working with the Gazelle variants for many years IRL planning and directing operations when in the military (though IRL I wasn’t a Pilot).  We have @Grinner who is the OH Platoon Commander who flies IRL, we have @OJ who is a very competent RL1 and was a Unit Trainer, we also have DrummerNL another very competent Unit Trainer and awesome editor and works for Polychop.   We also have our trainees aswell. We usually team up when we can with our US Gazelle pilots we have BaDCRC the Commanding Officer, RePhil a very competent pilot, Crosser and Drakoz. We also as US and Europe fly the much bigger missions multi aircraft KA-50, MI-8, UH-1 and of course SA342 coordinating the battle with Recon and Target acquisition. Morerecently I’ve assumed the role of AMC twice now!  Be great to have a JTAC/FAC receiving your 9 and 5 liners. In closing I also did some time at Fort Bragg with 82nd at Old Division did the Big Jump in 1996 Purple Star on Salerno and Sicily DZ abd some stuff down at Cherry Point. I also spent time at 5th SFG. Come and find any of us in Discord and say hello! LATEO

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.