Forum

Call sign: Spylon

Connection: 4g ~12Mbit (Farmer internet, no landline)

Timezone: Alpha (UTC+1/France)

Availability: Most weekdays after 18:00, depends on  work schedule.  All day on weekends, even out of timezone.  

Flight time: Steam says 1700 hours in DCS. Mostly fixed wing, everything from L39 to F16. I would say maybe 50-75 hours helicopter flying.

Editor Knowledge: Basic. I know how it works and how to use basic LUA scripts, MOOSE etc... 

Preferred chopper: I have most experience with UH-1. 

My Expectations: I've always wanted to get into helicopters in DCS, i found solo play boring and public servers tend to neglect helicopter pilots. I want learn how to fly helicopters in an organised group.

• Re: New application.

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Spylon!

First thing first we will set up an introduction flight with you. It can be any time that you and an Unit trainer or Instructor pilot are free.

It gives you a good chance to see what we do, how we do and make up your mind if it is for you.
    It also gives us a good chance to see where you are with your skills and what if anything you need to work on.
    Very informal just a flight around the base and maybe a flight out to a ship and back. A chance to chat and get to know each other.

Once you decide you like what you see, you will be asked to join as a trainee. You will have access to all the documents and information to help you advance and learn the helicopters you fly.

The readiness level progression starts at RL3 and moves to RL1. We ask you at least attend twice a month to stay current on the training.
    The more you are here and active the more you will learn and advance.

There are many knowledgeable pilots to help you along the way, any questions you have feel free to ask.

So let's start the first step and get a good time to do an introduction flight.

With BSD having both US and EU time zone flights even if you work odd hours you will be able to catch one flight or another.

Welcome to the BSD.
    BK,CO
    BSD_EU.

Official Letter out of the way. We find that from 1800z to 1900z seems to be a good time on weekdays and 1500 to 1600 on weekends. We have a flight tomorrow for a few other new guys if you would like to join us let me know. I will find out the time of the flight.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.