I would like to put forward an application to BSD,

• your call sign
    • Muzz
  • your age (must be over 18 years old)
  • your type of internet connection and speed
    • Fibre (80Mbps)
  • your timezone
    • GMT (UK)
  • your availability during the week and or weekends.
    • Most: Mon, tues, friday. Some weekends.
    • I am within the UK so maybe restricted on staying up too late
  • your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS
    • 55 hrs in the Huey so still new.
    • I also own KA-50 but very new to that.
    • I intend on purchasing the other helicopters when ready and eagerly awaiting the Hind.
  • your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor
    • None, though I was very good with the ArmA3 mission editor and made my own scripts and missions
  • your preferred chopper (you can love them all!)
    • Huey and KA-50 when I learn it
  • your expectations w.r.t BSD.
    • Have some fun, meet some likewise interested people while learning the game
    • Be apart of the group
    • I like the COOP aspects to the BSD missions
  • Other
    • I know BSD is primarily American so I hope the time zone wont be a problem
    • My computer is a little old, but I intend on upgrading in the new year
    • I always wanted to fly helicopters, I applied  to Army Air Corps when I was younger and passed the aptitude test but was rejected because I have Hay Fever!

Regards
Dominic

• Re: Application

by » 4 years ago

Hi Muzz!

Well, I suppose you'll be happy to learn that BSD opened a EU based group this year and that you won't have to stay up late to fly with us anymore. BlackWolf will certainly contact you as he is in charge of this EU group. Next phase is your evaluation flight (just a fancy name for an informal MP flight to have you introduced). 

Looking forward to fly with you soon!

by » 4 years ago

Thanks BaDCrC, I look forward to my evaluation flight!

At the moment there is a DCS steam sale, as a xmas present to myself I have bought:

>Gazelle
    >Mi-8
    >Persian Gulf
    >Nevada
    >Combined Arms

I would like the Worlds Apart Spring 2025 Campaign, but its not on sale (possibly a mistake so wait and see if it goes on sale). So far I preferred the UN campaign over Argo.

Do you recommend any other campaigns or other DLCs?

Many thanks

Muzz

by » 4 years ago

Never ever flown a campaign. Even the free ones provided with the modules. Single Player is just plain boring once you try multi player.

by » 4 years ago

Thanks for the tip!

by » 4 years ago

Hi Muzz! Welcome.

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. This time of year is crazy for me.

So lets find a time to get together and do an intro flight. I'm on holiday for the rest of the year so I'm free anytime.

Its a very informal flight. It gives us a chance to chat, fly around a bit. It also gives you a chance to see what we do. Once we do that and if you decide this is for you, we will move you to trainee.

From there you will have access to all the documents, information we have on the website. We will start the training for readiness level 2 or RL. You start as a RL3 and work up to RL1. It is not too hard, just some skills and task's to get down.

If you have not done so yet please join us on Discord. That is where most of our chat and plans are done.

BK

by » 4 years ago

Thanks for response BK, I assumed it was partly due to the time of year, no worries.

Can you please send me a link to the discord channel?

I am working up to & including the 24th, so might be able to fly tomorrow evening else it will have to be in the new year.

Cheers

Muzz

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.