Forum

New Application

in RECRUITMENT 4 years ago

Callsign: Toro 6

Connection: 50MBS

Timezone: UTC-6

Flight Hours: no Idea but I estimate UH-1 well over 1000 hours....MI8 at least 300.....KA50.....50hours....SA342...20hours

Mission editor Knowledge: Novice...I play around with it but am a long way from being able to offer up a viable mission

Expectations: fun, comaraderie, learning. participation in multiplayer coop missions. My name is Bob I am in Bosque Farms New Mexico. I am retired...spent twenty four years working in Sales and SAP support for an Electrical Distributor and twenty years in the United States Army  Aviation as a doorgunner/maintainer ( no stick time) 1972-1992. I have been active in DCS for over three years. I am a member of the 229th and for a while was a pretty regular participant in Coop missions run by B Company of the 229th. I am not currently active with the 229th. I have flown with at least a couple of the BSD members. I fly in 2D ( three screens) Saitek X52...Trudder MKIV pedals...track IR. Comfortable using OVGME...Discord...Teamspeak...and SRS.

I took a hiatus from flying structured multiplayer coop missions for a while. However, I miss it and would like to jump back in. I hope to find a home and be a good fit for the BSD. So if accepted I am ready to do what it takes to get qualified to participate in missions. What do I bring to the table..well I wish more...LOL...I am available and ready to commit to active participation. Again I am not a mission developer nor a techie..But I am more than willing to help out where ever I am able. Oh and finally...I am a slick pilot at heart...multiship troop insertions and extractions is what I love. I do not know gunship tactics but am willing to learn....Hope to earn a parking spot on the BSD apron...thanks

Toro 6

• Re: New Application

by » 4 years ago

Hello Bob and welcome to BSD!

Wow, thank you for this very detailed application. We are thinking highly of the 229th. It is quite a serious squadron so I think your integration in BSD will be a walk in the park (considering also your experience on choppers). If you are available tomorrow (Thursday) at 2100 EST we will certainly be flying informally on the training server. Join us on Discord and give us a shout on the UNICOM voice channel!

Looking forward to fly with you!

by » 4 years ago

2100 EST sounds good....will jump on Discord...does the training server require any mods?

by » 4 years ago

We will run a no mods version for you. Then you'll have access to our  mods packs and OvGME repository.

by » 4 years ago

A slick driver is ALWAYS welcome around here.  ;-)

Great to have you aboard, and I think you'll find it's busy enough to keep you attention.  See you in a bit!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.