Forum

New Application

in RECRUITMENT 5 years ago
  • your call sign: Piki
  • your age: 47
  • your type of internet connection and speed: 75Mbps / 75Mbps
  • your timezone: CET, GMT+1
  • your availability during the week: Usually 2-3 days a week.
  • number of flight hours already spent on DCS:  No idea. Enough for a trainee I guess.
  • your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: Basic things
  • your preferred chopper (you can love them all!): Mi-8, Huey, Ka-50.
  • your expectations w.r.t BSD.:  Open my experience to international comunity and learn more and more.
  • Re: New Application

by » 5 years ago

Hello Piki and welcome to BSD. That's a pretty concise introduction compare to previous ones but it works for us. I saw you are already on Discord. This is where you'll find UT and IP to take you for your introduction flight. This can be done either at a specific date and time of your choice or during the regular trainings sessions (EU branch for you).

Looking forward to fly with you soon.

by » 5 years ago

Sorry if I have been too concise. 
    I can't access to any posts in the forum. Is it for any reason?

by » 5 years ago

No worry Piki! This was not a critic. It's just that some applicant can write a page about them, and some like you just a few straight out answers.

You won't have access to anything really until your introduction flight when you'll be officially a new trainee.

by » 5 years ago

Welcome Piki!

Welcome to the Blacksharkden EU crew, based on your timezone. 
    So far it looks like Wednesdays and Saturdays are shaping up to be the popular days for us to fly.

First thing first we will set up an introduction flight with you. It can be any time that you and an Unit trainer or Instructor pilot are free.

It gives you a good chance to see what we do, how we do and make up your mind if it is for you.
    It also gives us a good chance to see where you are with your skills and what if anything you need to work on.
    Very informal just a flight around the base and maybe a flight out to a ship and back. A chance to chat and get to know each other.

Once you decide you like what you see, you will be asked to join as a trainee. You will have access to all the documents and information to help you advance and learn the helicopters you fly.

The readiness level progression starts at RL3 and moves to RL1. We ask you at least attend twice a month to stay current on the training.
    The more you are here and active the more you will learn and advance.

There are many knowledgeable pilots to help you along the way, any questions you have feel free to ask.

So let's start the first step and get a good time to do an introduction flight.

Welcome to the BSD.
    BK, BSD_EU.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.