Application

in RECRUITMENT 5 years ago

Hi All

Call Sign Thumper

Age 55

West Coast:

Cable connection.  

Available most of the time.

Background:  I got my call sign flying falcon 3.0 a long time ago.  I have done various sims off and on for awhile. I am retired military with some hours as a medic/gunner in jolly greens and  pavehawks.

Expectations.  I want to fly and have fun with people who want to do the same.  I found dcs about 4 months ago.  I am mostly up to speed on the gazelle and the black shark.  I can fly the huey around and shoot stuff.  I just got the Hip.

• Re: Application

by » 5 years ago

Hello Thumper!

Welcome to BSD and thanks for your intro. Good to see you own all the DCS choppers modules. Next step for you is to join one of our training session in order for us to meet you and for you to meet us. This session is also the opportunity to evaluate the training required for you to join our combat missions, i.e maintaining a flight formation, properly using the radio communications and being familiar with your aircraft systems. 

For the introduction flight, we are just asking you to be able to cold start your aircraft (not with auto start) and fly around with a good consistency (meaning being able to maintain a given altitude/speed/heading) and also have your headset/microphone correctly setup with a push to talk button on your controls configured. You'll most likely have nothing to shoot.

I believe you already joined our Discord channel, right? Let us know when you are available. Our next training session is tomorrow (Tuesday at 9 pm EST). We are meeting on the UNICOM voice channel and jump in one of our dedicated server.

by » 5 years ago

welcome!.

by » 5 years ago

Welcome aboard Sir!

Adding in that we fly the latest updates of the Open Beta version of DCS.

by » 5 years ago

Yes. Good point Fargo. Thanks.

by » 5 years ago

I can do that.  I assume, comm is through discord?

by » 5 years ago

It is, but in a flight we use Simple radio Standalone or SRS. I will link it here if you need it. There is a few things you need to download to use it, they are linked in the post. All safe as well. Jump on Discord if you need help with any of it. We can walk you through it pretty quick. 

SRS

Good to talk to you the other night, look forward to flying with you.

BK

by » 5 years ago

I have that downloaded and installed.

I have been unable to “register” for the event this evening.

by » 5 years ago

Thanks for trying (because some pilots here don t always do that). You ll be able to register once a full member of BSD.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.