Forum

Application

in RECRUITMENT 5 years ago

Callsign: Jex

Connection: Cellular/ ~300 kb/s

Time Zone: Romeo -5

Availability: Very flexible, can make most times work. Work also varies frequently but I'm usually able to predict my schedule a week in advance.

Flight Hours: In DCS since BS1, operated the Mi8/17 since release. Hours unknown, wouldn't be exaggurating to place it somewhere in the tens of thousands at this point. Primarily Hip.

Mission Editor: Fairly experienced, up to the level of very basic Moose. I'm not a good coder, but extremely familiar with manipulating and modding within the DCS engine.

Expectations: Would like a community to study RW in real world doctrine. Flight planning, consumption, power management, the works. 

As discussed regarding my comms issue I completely understand any reservations or concerns. My other handicap is cell service. This fluctuates but is generally functional. 

Thank you for your time.

• Re: Application

by » 5 years ago

Hi Jex!

Welcome to BSD!

So I heard from every guy that flew with you that you are an amazing pilot in your Mi 8. We think you should be doing great with us since I also heard you can type any read back really fast. If you are also a mission designer and can build some MP ones,.. you are the perfect candidate! smile Let's have an intro flight with an IP or UT and we shall start your training in no time so you can start flying combat missions with us.

by » 5 years ago

Hey Jex,

Good to see you here, as BaDCrC mentioned, get an intro flight organized with any of the Blue (UT) or Red (IP) guys on discord. There are many new guys coming in, and most of the time it is hard to keep track of all the intro flights, so get in touch with them as I have mentioned earlier.

Its good to know that you are well versed with ME, will come in very handy. I am traveling for the next 4 week, so will not be able to fly, but you might see me on ATC/AWACS duties.

Cheers!

by » 5 years ago

Much appreciated!

I'll note also aside from the editor I'm fairly used to compiling briefs/notams/opords et cetera, in case that proves useful for others' activities here. This is roughly what I'm used to, but can of course be written in a more serious manner. 

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1vIv_oZ1dMbrxlrOTcVrOeTgbA-lMGSuynwVEsgK0RQg/edit?usp=drivesdk

by » 5 years ago

Hey Jex really glad to have you, I’ve heard good things about your flying ability. 

Also that brief is pretty good but what is really funny is I actually flew in support of Noble Partner 2018

by » 5 years ago

Ha! That is too ironic.

Glad to be here, thanks for the vote of confidence.

by » 5 years ago

I have a whole write up on it in the pilot mess forum

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.