Forum

New Applicattion

in RECRUITMENT 5 years ago

Callsign: Gerada

Connection type/speed: 250Mb/15Mb

Timezone: +1 GMT (CET) Central European Time

Availability: Most nights 19:00-00:00 and then often anytime on weekends.

Flight Hours: Huey UH-1  40 hours.  Gazelle 6 hours.   Mi 8  1 hour.   KA-50 1 hour 

Mission Editor knowledge: very Basic

Maps: I have Persion Gulf and the default Caucass 

Expectations and about me : Greetings Everyone,  Im quite new to DCS,  although ive flown flight sims since Microsoft flight simultator version 1 (1982) and have had every version and every flight sim imaginable since then, including X-Plane, flight gear, Flyinside and also currently enjoying Aerofly FS2 and their R22 model.

I have  a PPL ( R22 and R44 rated)    Im originally from South Africa , but now live in Malta EU. im really  enjoying DCS, I have finished the Argo and the Default Huey Campaign, and have been flying around on the AOL multiplayer servers,  so im just looking to expand further and do more dedicated helicopter missions in multiplayer.

Setup: I fly only in VR, which works surprisingly well on my modest setup. so im looking forward  to see the improvements when Eagle dynamics impliment the 50% VR performance that they have in the pipeline.

I will also upgrade my setup in time. this was just to test out VR, and im so impressed that an upgrade is definetly on the horizon.

I5, 3GHz

16GB RAM

2X 500GB SSD 

Nvidia GTX 970 GTX

Flight Link Helicopter Controls (Collective, cyclic and pedals) 

Lenovo Explorer VR Head Set 

Thanks for having me.

• Re: New Applicattion

by » 5 years ago

Hello Gerada and welcome to BSD!

Thanks for this intro. You have a very interesting profile. Most of our pilots here are flying VR.  We are struggling a bit with EU pilots as our sessions are pretty late for them since we have official missions and trainings during weekdays in the evening. But there are always pilots available during the weekends. We would like to have a EU based group but the task is stagnating a bit. We need to have an intro flight with you in order to estimate a bit the amount of training you will need to join our missions. Trainings sessions are opened though to all levels. Let's have a flight this coming weekend if you want. Let us know what day is better for you.

Also, please join our Discord server. This is where you will have the best chance to chat with us live.

BaD CrC

by » 5 years ago

Thank you for the welcome 

Yes, grave pity about the time difference, but let's see how it goes, maybe we can unstagnate this side of the pond, until then I'll do my best to try and join your missions when ever I can. 

This Sunday afternoon (my night) will be great for me, unfortunately this Saturday I have plans. 

I'm delighted to have stumbled on your very professional, and cool sight. This all looks really awesome. 

Can't wait. 

Thank you

Regards 

by » 5 years ago

Welcome Gerada! I'm free this Saturday if you want to get the intro flight in. Would 1800 Zulu be ok?

BK

by » 5 years ago

Bugger! , I've got a dinner birthday party this Saturday night,

I'm Free on Sunday anytime. If it helps, 

Or next weekend. 

by » 5 years ago

No worries, If you can do Monday anytime I'll be here. Sunday I'm taking the wife out.

by » 5 years ago

Are you on our Discord chat yet? I don't see you listed.

by » 5 years ago

Monday Works,  have replied on Discord.

looking forward to hooking up.

enjoy your weekend.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.