Forum

Greetings,

I am Elwood, and my Callsign is Elwood.

(Some call me "Oh Captain My Captain, My Hero, or El Presidente)

I am looking for a group to fly with that has more conventional flying times.

I am in the BlackSheep Squadron but they tend to fly too late in the evening 11 EST for me to really participate like I would want to.

I also am a member of the Derelict Gamers. These are just my friends whom I game with and we play a little of everything.

But nobody really flys….

I fly a lot alone and was enjoying the Mi-8 Oilfield campaign...and of course KA-50.

I also have the UH-1H but have not delved too much into that one.

I am looking for some laid back, easy going, yet professional people to fly with and have fun too. I enjoy the team aspects.

I am retired military. US Armor.

I live in Indiana.

My internet connection is good, but not great. 12 up 768 down...Podunk country..but it is stable and I usually have no issues.

I can fly most anytime. All I need is a heads up "Yo ya wanna fly tomorrow?" and I am usually there.

I get online around 7-8 EST and fly till 11-12 on most weekdays...Fri and Sat...anytime.

I am good with the mission editor, I usually make my own missions...not great..but triggers, delays, briefings etc easy peasy.

I am average with the Helo's I fly....Mi-8 sling loads I am working on. Blackshark...good...it is the subsystems, depending on how deep, that I am not up to standards.

But that is mostly because I fly basic by myself and can do what I want/need to the get the mission done.

I am not a fan of Discord, but will try it. 

I have my own TS Server that we game on.

My only expectations are...to fly as a team, have fun, and get better.

I also make videos of flying....if you want to see some of what I did/do....here is a link to my YouTube....

Look forward to hearing from you

Elwood

• Re: Application for Elwood authored by Elwood, produced by Elwood, reviewed by Elwood Submitted by Elwood

by » 6 years ago

Hey Elwood!   Welcome aboard Sir, and a very nice intro.

I think you're going to like it here.  We are usually flying during weeknights 9-11, which seems to be a better fit for you (I'm also in Central time), and we also do weekend missions in the early afternoon sometimes.

Here's an invite to our discord where you can begin chatting and learning/interacting some more.  

https://discord.gg/Hw3vTV

We use discord for ordinary chit chat, but in game we use Simple Radio.  Have you ever used it?  It lets you operate more realistically by using the modeled in-cockpit radios.  

So the process will generally work like this:

1 - We have a welcome/intro flight with you.  Just fly around on a tour and BS a bit.  Nothing tricky and no enemies.  A few of us might be available today to do this, but it takes only 1.  

2 - You will get moved to trainee status (RL3).  At this point you will start setting up the mods we use (extra, really cool DCS objects, skins) and Simple Radio (SRS).  And you can start looking at our SOP's. 

3 - Start flying training and combat missions with us.  As you demonstrate various skills, you will get boxes checked off to the next readiness level. None of this is very difficult and it helps to know that for designing a mission that all of the pilots can perform at a certain standard.  

4 - Once you get to "Pilot" status and get your wings, you have full access on the website to all the material.  

The videos are very cool.  We kind of need a videographer around here, so that's a great skill to bring.  

Happy to have you aboard!   

• Re: Application for Elwood authored by Elwood, produced by Elwood, reviewed by Elwood Submitted by Elwood

by » 6 years ago

Hey Elwood looking forward to flying with you. We used to use Team speak but found that Discord is the better and free option which has really helped us stay connected. Just let us know when you want to fly and we can set up an intro flight for you. 

Also the videos are awesome.

by » 6 years ago

Welcome Elwood, nice introduction! I know the Blacksheep squad, If Mudcat is still in there tell him to come say hi to a brother! (He flew with my bomber group in Cliffs of Dover.) I had a few flights with your group back in the day.

Jump on our Discord and chat with us, my partners in crime have already filled you in on the low down so I'll just say I'm looking forward to having a flight or two with you.

Let me know if you need any help with setting anything up.  

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.