Forum

Application for LC

in RECRUITMENT 7 years ago
  • your call sign: LC
  • your age: 35
  • your type of internet connection and speed:  72 up, 7 down
  • your timezone: CST USA
  • your availability during the week:  Varies, after 6pm on most days, but with 3 kids in sports (and a wife) it can be spotty some seasons during the year
  • your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS:  On the Huey only about 5 hours, but I know the instruments, how to take off, hover, land, but still learning how to do all of them well
  • your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor:  Have made a few practice missions for myself, nothing beyond that
  • your preferred chopper (you can love them all!):  Only have the Huey at the moment
  • your expectations w.r.t BSD:  To have fun, get into some MP instead of playing same single player missions over and over, learn something new about the Huey and meet new people who share my interest in flight sims.  As I said I just got the Huey and loved it immediately after being riding the F-15, Sabre, A-10 and prop planes since LOMAC came out.  Still learning the Huey, but can fly, hover and land without dying (mostly).  Need work on hover, but I'm getting better each flight.
  • Re: Application for LC

by » 7 years ago

HI LC, welcome sir... if you can hover, land, take off and fly a little without too much crashing we can handle the rest :)

Not sure about Bad or Eagle availability but I'm in Europe and can make Saturday afternoon CDT for an informal, laid back chat & flight.... and we can take it from there.... or wait till US based IP's are around

by » 7 years ago

Welcome LC,

I am available most all this week for an intro flight just let me know am looking forward to flying with you.

by » 7 years ago

Hey guys thanks for the warm welcome.  I will probably be able to fly on Friday after work in the late afternoon/evening.  I'll know for sure tomorrow and will post and try to get on with one of you for my intro flight.

by » 7 years ago

PM those two guys LC to set up an appointment for a check ride.

by » 7 years ago

Welcome LC,

I'm not sure if I talked to you on FB or not but I see you're a former Eagle driver/fixed wing pilot, I'm a Flanker driver turned chopper geek :P 

Chopper flight is a lot different thinking than fixed wing so take your time and unlearn.(But keep the edge to fox 2,3 if needed, I still get in a 27 from time to time)  :)

I hope I can grab some flight time with you soon.

BK

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.