Forum

• Re: Application for TenBeers

by » 7 years ago

Hi Tenbeers,

Welcome to BSD. Great bunch of fun guys! Some have extensive knowledge of flying the real things, which is fantastic for sim-pilots like me. Get some real training, at a millionth of the cost..... :? Eagle is great at tutoring and keeping us complete amateurs in line, (and in the air....).

I am around tonight, UK based so late for me, but cool on a Saturday night, so look forward to chatting with you later. I will be registering for the La Drang mission too, though not so hot on the Huey, preferring Mi-8 and Ka-50, so might chat Sunday too. 

So, how did you get your callsign?

Mole

Molevitch

by » 7 years ago

Many moons ago some high school friends of mine and I would get together on a Quake III mod called Smokin' Guns.  It was a western movie themed first person shooter with Peacemakers, Schofields, Winchester rifles, and dynamite!  Everyone who played chose a nickname with a Western theme.  One of my favorite western movies is The Outlaw Josey Wales.  In the movie, there is a memorable scene where Josey rides to speak with Chief Ten Bears. 

There was RedNeckerson, Chico, Pardner, and of course I chose TenBeers.    

We would get together at RedNeckerson's house for lan parties... eat chili and drink beer, whiskey, tequila, rocket fuel, and various other spirits.  Things always got a little rowdy after about ten beers.  Or maybe after about ten beers I would find the nearest couch and go to sleep.  Either way the name stuck.

by » 7 years ago

And there's me thinking it was Old Dutch....

Molevitch

by » 7 years ago

I hope the intro flight for Ten Beers went alright. I actually mananged to get on TS last night and do a quick meet and greet. I enjoyed the chat. 

by » 7 years ago

Eagle,

The flight went well.  Look forward to flying with you.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.