Forum

FNG soon. Hello

in RECRUITMENT 8 years ago

Thanks Bad_CrC for letting me join the forum! I wanted to say hello here before I can do my official registration for flight operations.

Good news is I will be retiring at the end of this month (Sept), but bad news is I am pretty busy right now. I expect a delay before I can contribute with the squad. I also need to get my Ka-50 cockpit running again and that is taking longer than I thought with all the changes in OS, DCS, ect. I have a lot to relearn and I look forward to flying my Ka-50 again with you.

thanks, see you all soon.

-smil-

• Re: FNG soon. Hello

by » 8 years ago

Hi Smil.

It's great to have you on board. Looking forward to fly with you!

by » 8 years ago

Hi Smil!

Welcome, did you come from Warbirds back about 2003? I seem to recognize the -smil- callsign from somewhere. Looking forward to winging up with you.

BK

by » 8 years ago

Hello! Yes, 'tis me from Warbirds. What a magical time that was!. There is an AGW group on bookface. It s interesting to see old names there and I'm still in contact with some WB pilots.

Looking forward to taking part here. I've flown a little bit while I work programming my tactical feedback seat. I'm so happy I was able to get it working again as it is just not simming without it. I'm learning how to optimize it for the BS. It is kind of tricky, though. Pretty excited to learn more about =Andre='s sound module too. Oh, CnC router has finally been ordered. Will be a fun hobby again.

c u Cary

by » 8 years ago

How cool is that! I was blkwlf (or BKwolf in WB3) of the Avengers. Stayed in the WW2 arena most of the time fighting the Menacing Ferrets :D . I didn't go into the main that much. Yes it was a great time from WB 2.7 and on!

So glad to see you again! I still am in touch with a few of the MF, Pennsy and a few are in Il2 BOS. if you can ,let me have the link to the fb page. I'd like to see that! Looking forward to getting in the air again with you!

BK

by » 8 years ago

In 1995, I was walking through a Walgreen's drugstore. As I passed through the magazine section, a PC Gamer caught my eye. It had a screenshot of a Luftwaffe plane on the cover from "Confirmed Kill", the early incarnation of Warbirds. I fist dreamed of a simulator when I was single-digit young, probably '68 or so and I was not alone. I bought my first computer, joined AOL and got into the CK/WB beta, flying for about 10 years. I went to three conventions and met some great people. Actually changed me life... what a great hobby.  :)

I'll get FB on this computer soon. Send me a friend request if you get a chance.

Cary Sporinsky

by » 8 years ago

Confirmed Kill..that was before the Wild Bill days I think. I'll send a FB request out.

by » 8 years ago

I don't think you guys want to know what I was doing back in 1995 ;)

Thank you said by:

by » 8 years ago

Newborn baby?

by » 8 years ago

Close I was one year old 

by » 8 years ago

Time becomes relative with age.  My sons are 21 and 19.  Hard to believe.  What always makes it real is when I think of the year they were born.  I mean it's amazing to think that there are adults who were born in the '90's.  :-)

by » 8 years ago

speaking on how strange time can be this picture was taken of me about 14 or 15 years ago. This helicopter was in the same unit I am in now. Today I flew tail #606 the one in the picture is #607

by » 8 years ago

Yup, our modern military. :)  Joking aside, it's amazing in general that in aviation, airframes remain functional and useful for many years.  It's kind of a cool aspect of aviation.  

by » 8 years ago

Oh ya I think the oldest bird I've ever flew was a 1968 OH-58A it's really incredible that they can keep them flying for so long (granted they had 3 engine failures in the span of 3 or 4 months)

by » 8 years ago

In 95 I was bitching about "Grunge music killing metal" and dating my wife, while working as a cable guy and moonlighting in a club band..we were going to get famous, yeah right! And Eagle was one!

How cool is that your in 607 and later flying 606.

by » 8 years ago

This is a great picture! Incredible.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.