Forum

Hello, real name is Cary. -smil- is pronounced "smile".

Call Sign: -smil-

Connection: is pretty good, Comcast upgraded version. No tests run lately.

Timezone: CST

Availability: Retiring in three days. If I'm here, I'll fly.

DCS Time: 'Been thinking in Russian since '95 and Flanker. Own a 90% functioning Ka-50 pit, the only DCS aircraft I fly. They fix a Ka-50 bug, I swear I'll buy every module they make! I forgot a lot about DCS, but it is coming back.

ME Experience: Limited. I am weeks to months away from making missions, but I will.

Chopper: Ka-50.

Why.. why... WHY? I always wanted to fly with Bad CrC. Serendipity brought him to my country one timezone away and it is just meant to be. I enjoy every aspect of flight with the Ka-50, especially non-combat flight, as you may be seeing in my missions I build. I once flew and have a non-current PPL. No worries though, I'll sling those weapons wherever I'm told. I l o v e formation flight. I love flying as a wingman and I look forward to starting at the bottom in training. I held every position in a squadron, in a career lasting over 10 years, now flying sims for 21 years.

• Re: Application for -smil-

by » 8 years ago

Glad to see you again -Smil-, and thanks for the FB groups too!

Bad or Eagle will be along to set up a flight with you. I would but I'm out of town for work the rest of the week. So our reunion in the sky will have to wait. Oh I found the S3 scores from way back. The site is still up!

Welcome sir and looking forward to getting in the air with you again soon.

BK

by » 8 years ago

Hi Smil! Glad to see you finally joining us!

Seriously, we don't really need to check you out so do you want to join us for Sunday's afternoon mission?

by » 8 years ago

Sorry, was still getting settled in. First couple days after retiring threw me for a loop. It affects you in ways you don't think about but I am getting back to normal. Just so you know... you go from the happiest day of your life to feeling like someone died. I'm told it is normal and it passes. Tuesday evening should be a good day for a start.

I've got the pit running well with 1.5 and 2.0. If you don't mind me saying, it is friggin wonderful! DCS is running pretty well for me. I still miss SoftTH, but I'm running full textures and it looks great! Three year old system still impresses. I have TS loaded and working, just need to verify my volumes with someone. I'll be in and out with the ToDo list, but I will plan on flying in any events I can from now on. Anyone wants to take  a free flight, just let me know. I practice in the VA public server mostly.

Thanks! Sorry to miss Sunday, I look forward to taking part now. Oh, I would consider a Check Flight fun.  :)

-smil-

Cary

by » 8 years ago

Hi Smil!

I'll be travelling this whole week, back on Friday night.You can give a shout on the shoutbox if you want to fly this week or enroll in a mission if someone propose one. Until then , I'll be working on my next mission and let you know when it is ready. Also, we are trying to have some very informal fun flights once a week so you are most welcome to join.

by » 8 years ago

Can you please PM the TS info to me.... want to get it connected to the server.

thanks

by » 8 years ago

Thank you Eagle Rising. Good to go now.

by » 8 years ago

Bad CrC,

I'm trying to learn my way around the site here, but I am locked out of the Library and training info. I truly miss flying with humans.  :)

Cary

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.