Forum

• your call sign: Blackey
  • your age: 56
  • your type of internet connection and speed: Shared cable internet
  • your timezone: I'm in Alamogordo NM - Mountian Zulu-7
  • your availability during the week: I’m retired and single so most night except Sunday and Tuesday when I fly elsewhere
  • number of flight hours already spent on DCS:  Less than 30 hour in single player mode less than an hour in multiplayer mode
  • your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: I am able to do a flight plan using point to point navigation other than that nothing
  • your preferred chopper (you can love them all!): Huey UH-1H but wish they had a h-60
  • your expectations w.r.t BSD.:  Have fun and learn to fly better as I’m able to get airborne and fly but landing can be iffy
  • Re: BlackeyCole’s application

by » 6 years ago

Thanks for your intro Blackeycole and welcome to BSD. I hope you will enjoy flying with us. We are mostly flying in the evening weekdays and sometimes weekends afternoon since we have some pilots based in Europe. Being in NM, that l should be even easier for you I guess to join us. 

Uh 1 is a great chopper we will have you start with her but you'll soon want to fly on more complex ones as the Huey is bit limited. 

We want to have pilots able to take part in the life of the community so we are setting up some training courses for mission editing to give you the opportunity to propose something to fly on to our pilots.

As soon as you have your controls sorted out, let's have a flight with the others. We have a couple of instructors too to have you evaluated. (don't worry, this is not as serious as it sounds) .

Make sure you have your simple radio and BSD mods set up and let us know if you have any issues. We are here to help you. 

by » 6 years ago

A big welcome aboard Sir!   

You'll soon see that flying in multiplayer is soooo much more fun and realistic.  

I didn't know what I didn't know, and was happy to find that the world was much bigger than I imagined it.  

by » 6 years ago

Hi, and welcome Blackey! Glad to have you with us and I look forward to flying with you!

BK.

by » 6 years ago

Hey Blackey!

sorry you couldn't fly with us last night. I understood you had some controls issues. Well at least you were able to join us on the server, on discord and have SimpleRadio working fine. It's already a very good step to MP. So once you have your controls sorted out, you will fly with us in no time.

The training program tonight was pretty intense for someone who never flew before with BSD so we'll have you next time in a more dedicated flight just for you and we will start to show you the few things we are using in MP.

Are you good with that?

by » 6 years ago

Yeah Blackey, just let one of us know and we can do a flight anytime with you. I did post in discord, if you need any help with the controller set up I'd be happy to help out.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.