Forum

your call sign: Red Donkey

your age: 39

your type of internet connection and speed: 40 mbps

your timezone: 0 GMT

your availability during the week: I schedule my own work, so I can play at different times of the day/night. Depends upon workload that week

number of flight hours already spent on DCS:  About 40 hours. Only single player. Just studying systems. Never been able to really pull a mission off. Pissed of on the Wingman AI. That's why I´m here :)

your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: 1 out of 10. Don't understand it.

your preferred chopper (you can love them all!): Ka-50

your expectations w.r.t BSD.:  I would like to learn playing as a team. And getting the basics down. Not used to multiplayer, so a bit scared I am :) I don't know much about tactics and hope to learn more about that. So many questions too... so many questions.

• Re: Application form for Red Donkey

by » 6 years ago

Welcome Red_Donkey I will warn that we are focused primarily around EST GMT -5/-4 but we have been getting more and more European guys joining lately and we do try to fly on the weekends but most of our training is during the week around 9pm est. hopefully your flexible schedule will help. We don’t have any time commitment requirements but to learn everything and start flying does take a bit of time. But we have a pretty good training program and some motivated instructors who should be able to help. If you are ok with this I can schedule you for an intro flight sometime this week or weekend. Just let us know. Also feel free to join the Discord and chat with some of the other pilots.

by » 6 years ago

Hello Red Donkey,

As Eagle said, time zone is likely to be a problem for you. Flights during the weekend are irregular and normal mission time during the week will be like 2 am for you. Do you think it's gonna be OK?

by » 6 years ago

Looking at your calender, I can see that most mid-week missions are at 9pm EST, which, as BaDCrC says, is 2am at my place. Hmm... I thought maybe that you had some, say, 6pm flights, which would make it 11pm or so, which would suit me better. So maybe this is too much off. Damn, you sure look like the right bunch of pilots to join in for me. 

Do you know any other Heli Virtual Squadrons, that would suit me better timewise? I could search myself, but maybe you can vouch for some? Recommendations?

by » 6 years ago

There's actually a lot of helicopter squads in Europe. The most recognized is the 132nd based in Northern Europe (GMT-1) with a Ka50 group, the French's 3rd-wing with the 319th group (you only have to speak french) and also the 229th in UK although they don't fly Ka50 (only UH-1H and Mi8). We are considering a European branch for BSD in the future, but we think we need to grow the US one before.

by » 6 years ago

Yes, ok. I've decided. I shall seek fortune and glory in Europe!

Thanks for helping me out, guys. Maybe I´ll see you again sometime, you never know.

Cheers.

(you can take me off the member list)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.