Forum

Gizzy Check-In

in RECRUITMENT 7 years ago

• your call sign: Gizzy

• your age (must be over 18 years old): Well, well, well past that..

• your type of internet connection and speed: 80 down 20 up

• your time zone: zulu Winter - zulu +1 Summer

• your availability during the week: Any > 0200z

• your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS: No idea… a lot but not as much as many.....

• your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: Familiar with CTLD and insertion of scripts.

• your preferred chopper (you can love them all!): All

• your expectations w.r.t BSD: I fly with the 229th AHB where I look after D Coy (Aerial Weapons). Looking to expand experience of multi role interaction. i.e. Gunship / Scout / Assault with a strong emphasis on enjoyment & fun. Plenty of available time, will put in more than I’ll take out… :)

• Re: Gizzy Check-In

by » 7 years ago

Hello Gizzy, hope you like BSD.

by » 7 years ago

Hi Gizzy and welcome.

It's nice to see an expanding BSD UK community. We are trying to have some flights on Sat and Sun afternoons to accommodate pilots based in the UK, but we usually fly weekdays evenings E.S.T which is pretty late for you. I think you are familiar with the process; we'll do a quick informal test flight with you just to get to know you and how proficient you are with your aircraft, then you can start to fly with us. The pilot membership is fully acquired once we are flying a mission from you. Mission builder is what we are looking for. Having a squad of pure consumers is usually a short lived one. So I am happy to see you are somewhat familiar with mission editor.

Which chopper module do you own? Which DLC maps?

Let us know your availability. I or Eagle_Rising can set up an introduction flight quickly, maybe this coming weekend?

by » 7 years ago

Thanks folks..

All rotary airframes, all maps, VR & Monitors although just dialling in the Rift, a recent acquisition.  

I favour Huey Gunship L/W team tactics with assault and hunter / killer stuff (starting to look at Mi-17 in the heavy gunship role and also integrating the Huey GS's with Gazzelles in 'Low level Hell' antics...  But quite happy with Huey formation assaults or flight leads.  The Gazelle I enjoy a fair bit but never really pushed it seriously - same with the Ka-50 in which I'm okay with all the systems providing I use it regularly and that's my downfall - :)

Not convinced that Alpha is good for serious MP use yet, it tends to choke a bit when busy....

As for mission creation, sure no problem although I favour simplistic ones leaving decisions to the AMC / Leads rather than intense visuals and complex triggers that often choke FPS for some.  Need to know what scripts you have in by default - I use latest MIST, CTLD an older medevac and a suppression (to calm open MG's under fire) as standard.

Fine on this weekend - any time between 0700z start to 0100z finish will do on any day, just a little advance notice required.  Just let me know what suits ASP as I normally run some flying stuff Saturday 2300z-0100z but that can be postponed if necessary.

by » 7 years ago

Don't worry about scripts or complex stuff for missions. You can scatter a few 23 mm across a valley and a few choppers on the nearby airport, and made us hunt them. As long as people enjoy. You can go for more complex ones later.

I have a lot of expectations for Normandy map. We have done only training flight so far and it went well, but no missions yet. You'll be able to see the debriefs after your integration flight. We can even make an integration flight in Normandy maybe!

by » 7 years ago

Whatever map you guys are geared for or want... just give me a heads-up on likely airframes, roles and a date & time.

I've run a few MP missions in Alpha's and generally it is OK providing the players have a reasonable PC.  Mist / CTLD runs without issue.

Do you have base defined MODS pack?  Can not check as most of this web site returns 404 so probably not authorised. 

Just let me know when.. presumably it's a home host or do you run a communal server...?

by » 7 years ago

Hi and welcome Gizzy.

We do have a set of mods we use depending on the map. With the Normandy map I don't think we have tried any out. Its been more of a look around and test type of thing. Plus I think most 1.5/2.0 mods wont work with 2.1. Look forward to flying with you.

BK

by » 7 years ago

Thanks for coming back and the welcome, Blackwolf.. looking forward to some flying too..

With me, most of Upuauts, Ranger79 and 476th OBj in there latest guise have so far been found to be generic and work just fine in either Alpha or Stable DCS.  A few of Upuauts are specific to DCS version if they tinker with DCS databases but that's it.... at least for the the moment - subject to change ha ha...

No matter any MODS I'll use I can keep them small and publish at the time.

by » 7 years ago

I run at least 25 to 30 mods at any given time, most are English cockpits, different color cockpits, shval in color plus our official one's..just eye candy or things to help me read what button I'm clicking.

Good to know that Rangers and 476th work I guess I'll give my mods a try and see what will break and what wont.

by » 7 years ago

Yes, we are flying those mods in Caucasus (476th, Ranger79 and others) but never tried them yet in Normandy.

Yes, there's a large portion of the site that is not accessible to visitors or registered members like the mod library, the documentation and the missions library.

by » 7 years ago

Gizzy,

Wanna fly Saturday 24th, 1400 EST?

by » 7 years ago

Sure, do well..

by » 7 years ago

Hey Gizzy welcome to BSD I am looking forward to flying with you. I may not get to join you on your intro flight this weekend but I am usually available during the week so let me know if you ever want to fly.  

by » 7 years ago

Hey Gizzy, welcome to BSD! Good to see another UK based pilot here. I hope to see you around on your intro flight.

Mole

Molevitch

by » 7 years ago

Cheers Lads...

@Eagle.. always up for anything at any time to 0000z currently excepting Thursday when normally I'm engaged on other servers.

@Mole .. see you Saturday..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.