Belsimtek Mi-8 is coming out of beta!
3 years, 8 weeks and 6 days. That's the time it took to get Belsimtek Mi-8 out of beta. Not that this marvelous module was particularly bugged at all, but the most annoying part of it is that no English manual was available. At least, not a complete and final one. So we had, for years, to rely on the community to figure out how to fly this incredible machine. But the wait is over. BST just uploaded the precious document HERE. And to celebrate this, ED uploaded a shiny new video:
OMG! Side gunners! Yeaaaah!
- Sling-load gameplay upgraded: new loads were added (8 so far, more to come with updates) with their dynamics tuned, sling damage upon contact with helicopter implemented, crew chief sling-load operation voice commands added.
- Released model of rope damage with helicopter
- Released model of cargos damage with world objects
- AI door and rear gunners added ( Door gunned with “KORD” 12.7 mm machine gun and rear gunner with PKT machine gun 7.62 mm), with ability to play as door gunner. Different predefined settings for combined TrackIR and mouse interactions for view and machine gun controls were added.
- if in addition to existing input devices (keyboard, mouse, joysticks) there is a head tracking device (TrackIR), views and gun can be controlled in three different ways without the need for self settings by user
- Reworked helicopter dynamic according to taken damage or systems failures (tail rotor fails dynamic, tail breakaway, tail rotor transmission fin damage);
- Destructive overload was fine-tuned (gear break possibility, tail rotor breakaway), gear friction, damage system from projectiles hits tuned, crew cabin armor implemented;
- Cockpit sound was tuned and fixed according to real Mi-8 pilots feedback;
- Gun Camera added.
- Special options for module were changed, including addition of joystick without springs and FFB option.
- Incorrect changes in camera pitch caused by airframe shake fixed
- Pilot’s guide was reworked, every procedure illustrated, systems descriptions added (including frequently asked questions on forums), typos and inaccuracies fixed (guide volume increased by 100%).